Guys Who Give Clay County is a philanthropic men’s group, coordinated by the Clay County Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Wabash Valley Community Foundation. This group is designed to provide financial support for charitable causes in Clay County, IN while creating a sense of community. Guys Who Give is open to all men – the more men involved, the greater the impact!
Guys Who Give Clay County is composed of men who share a common desire to give back to their local community.
Members commit to donating $500 per year of membership. The first $100 supports an endowment in the Community Foundation that will be used to serve future needs in the community. The remaining $400 is used to support the 4 nonprofits selected by members throughout the year ($100 at each meeting). For example, if there are 100 members, each quarter the group will award $10,000 to a local charitable cause. For the first time, Guys Who Give is offering a reduced membership for members 40 years old and younger to encourage philanthropy. The reduced membership requires $50 for the membership fee and then $50 at each meeting, totaling $250 for the year.
Meeting Dates - 2020
Tuesday, March 10 – Elks Lodge
Tuesday, June 9 – Meeting Postponed
Tuesday, Sept. 8 – Elks Lodge
Tuesday, Dec. 8 – Elks Lodge
Registration and networking begins at 5:15 p.m. Business meeting begins at 5:45 p.m. and concludes before 6:30 p.m.
Guys Who Give Clay County was established in the Spring of 2016. Since its inception, the group has awarded a grant each quarter, composed of $100 contributions from each member. The following organizations are the recipients of those grants:
2020 Grant Recipients
- December 2020-
- September 2020- CASA Kids
- June 2020- Clay City Food Pantry
- March 2020- Clay Youth League
2019 Grant Recipients
- December 2019- Clay Co. Cooperative Benevolence Ministry
- September 2019- Clay Youth Football League
- June 2019- St. Vincent de Paul
- March 2018- Clay County Emergency Food Pantry
2018 Grant Recipients
- December 2018- Community Theatre of Clay County
- September 2018- Indiana Sheriff’s Youth Ranch
- June 2018- CRADLES of Clay County
- March 2018- Clay Community Parks Association
2017 Grant Recipients
- December 2017- The Rock
- September 2017- YMCA “The Promise” Program
- June 2017- YMCA Summer Food Program
- March 2017- Serving on the Streets
2016 Grant Recipients
- December 2016- CASA Kids
- September 2016 – Annunciation St. Vincent de Paul
- June 2016 – FBC Kids Clothes Closet
To be considered for funding, the organization must be a 501(c)3 or governmental entity.