Apply for Consulting Services
The Wabash Valley Community Foundation’s Consultant Bank offers local experts as free consultants to assist local nonprofit organizations in building their skills in managing their organizations and delivering their services. Recognizing the vast majority of nonprofit organizations in our communities work on very limited budgets, The Consultant Bank is a resource from which local nonprofits can access consulting services free of charge.
Nonprofit organizations in Clay, Sullivan and Vigo counties may request consulting services in increments of 1-3 hours (up to 4 hours annually) at no cost.
Advising through The Consultant Bank is available on the following topics (availability will vary):
- Accounting/Bookkeeping (creating & understanding financial reports);
- Board development;
- Coaching: board president;
- Coaching: leadership executive director;
- Conflict resolution;
- Financial planning;
- How to write a grant (training/coaching/draft review);
- Human resources/personnel policy development;
- Insurance needs;
- Leadership: team building for the board;
- Marketing: effective communication;
- Meetings: planning, running, facilitating;
- Policy development;
- Policy: fiscal;
- Policy: general governance;
- Social media: policy and management;
- Staff development;
- Strategic planning;
- Surveys: focus groups, needs assessments;
- Systems and data/record-keeping;
- Technology needs assessment;
- Volunteer recruitment: training, retention; and,
- Website coaching.
Before submitting your application for consulting services, please note The Consultant Bank will not assist with:
- Advising on legal or financial issues that are properly the purview of an attorney or financial/tax advisor;
- Dispute resolution or mediation;
- Writing grants for organizations
- Conducting surveys or focus groups for organizations; and,
- Creating/building websites for organizations.
Interested nonprofit organizations must complete and submit both the Application and the Liability Statement in order to be considered. If you have any questions, please contact Kelli Miller at 812.232.2234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.