Become a Volunteer Consultant
On behalf of the Wabash Valley Community Foundation, thank you for heeding the call to populate The Consultant Bank! As local nonprofit organizations become stronger, more efficient and more sustainable, so do the communities in which they serve. The Consultant Bank, with your volunteer efforts, will enable nonprofit organizations to better meet their missions and goals in serving our communities.
The Consultant Bank is strictly volunteer based and offers a variety of consulting needs. The total annual commitment per consultant is up to 12 hours, with nonprofit organizations in Clay, Sullivan and Vigo counties limited to consulting services in increments of 1-3 hours (up to 4 hours annually) at no cost.
Advising through The Consultant Bank is available on the following topics:
- Accounting/Bookkeeping (creating & understanding financial reports);
- Board development;
- Coaching: board president;
- Coaching: leadership executive director;
- Conflict resolution;
- Financial planning;
- How to write a grant (training/coaching/draft review);
- Human resources/personnel policy development;
- Insurance needs;
- Leadership: team building for the board;
- Marketing: effective communication;
- Meetings: planning, running, facilitating;
- Policy development;
- Policy: fiscal;
- Policy: general governance;
- Social media: policy and management;
- Staff development;
- Strategic planning;
- Surveys: focus groups, needs assessments;
- Systems and data/record-keeping;
- Technology needs assessment;
- Volunteer recruitment: training, retention; and,
- Website coaching.
The Consultant Bank will not assist with:
- Advising on legal or financial issues that are properly the purview of an attorney or financial/tax advisor;
- Dispute resolution or mediation;
- Writing grants for organizations
- Conducting surveys or focus groups for organizations; and,
- Creating/building websites for organizations.
If you have any questions, or do not see your area of expertise or skill set listed, please contact Kelli Miller at 812.232.2234 or email@example.com.
Thank you for helping guide our nonprofit organizations toward greater capacity!