100 Women Who Care Sullivan County is a philanthropic women’s group, coordinated by the Sullivan County Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Wabash Valley Community Foundation. This group is designed to provide financial support for charitable causes in Sullivan County, Indiana while creating a sense of community. 100 Women Who Care is open to all women – the more women who are involved, the greater the impact!
100 Women Who Care is composed of women who share a common desire to give back to their local community.
Members commit to donating $500 per year of membership. The first $100 supports an endowment in the Sullivan County Community Foundation that will be used to serve future needs in the community. The remaining $400 is used to support the 4 nonprofits selected by members throughout the year ($100 at each meeting). For example, if there are 100 members, each quarter the group will award $10,000 to a local charitable cause.
Meeting Dates - 2019
Wednesday, Aug. 21 – Sullivan Civic Center
Wednesday, Nov. 20 – Sullivan Civic Center
Registration and networking begins at 5:30 p.m. Business meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. and concludes around 7:30 p.m.
100 Women Who Care Sullivan County was established in the Winter of 2016. Since its inception, the group has awarded a grant each quarter, composed of $100 contributions from each member. The following organizations are the recipients of those grants:
2019 Grant Recipients
- May 2019 – Fairbanks Community Center (6,600)
- February 2019 – Hymera Elementary ($6,400)
2018 Grant Recipients
- November 2018- SHS Beta Club ($6,600)
- August 2018- Carlisle Elementary/Middle School Library ($6,600)
- May 2018- Sullivan County Salvation Army ($6,600)
- February 2018- Sullivan City Park ($6,000)
2017 Grant Recipients
- November 2017- Sullivan County Park & Lake ($8,900)
- August 2017- Carlisle Lions Community Ambulance ($8,900)
- May 2017- Sullivan County Supervision Center ($8,700)
- February 2017- Sullivan County 4-H Council ($8,500)
2016 Grant Recipients
- November 2016 – Carlisle Summer League ($10,700)
- August 2016 – Brown Baggers ($10,800)
- May 2016 – Sullivan High School Beta Club ($12,800)
- February 2016 – Sullivan County Community Foundation, GIFT VI ($9,600)
To be considered for funding, the organization must be a 501(c)3 or government entity.