100+ Women Who Care Vigo County is a philanthropic women’s group, coordinated by the Wabash Valley Community Foundation. This group is designed to provide financial support for charitable causes in Vigo County, Indiana while creating a sense of community. 100+ Women Who Care is open to all women – the more women who are involved, the greater the impact!
100+ Women Who Care is composed of women who share a common desire to give back to their local community.
Members commit to donating $525 annually. The first $100 supports an endowment in the Wabash Valley Community Foundation that will be used to serve future needs. $25 will be used to cover appetizers and service for the year at the Country Club of Terre Haute. The remaining $400 is used to support the 4 nonprofits selected by members throughout the year ($100 at each meeting). For example, if there are 100 members, each quarter the group will award a $10,000 grant to a local nonprofit organization.
To encourage younger philanthropists in our community, this group offers a reduced membership of $275 for women 40 years of age and younger. This membership requires a $75 membership fee and then $50 at each quarterly meeting, totaling $275 for the year.
Meeting Dates - 2021
Thurs, Feb. 18 – Virtual Meeting
Thurs, May 20 – TBD
Thurs, Aug 19 – TBD
Thurs, Nov 4 – TBD
Registration and networking begins at 5:00 p.m. Business meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. and concludes around 7:00 p.m.
Country Club of Terre Haute
100+ Women Who Care was established in February 2013. Since its inception, the group has awarded a grant each quarter, composed of $100 contributions from each member. The following organizations are the recipients of those grants:
2020 Grant Recipients
- November 2020-
- August 2020- Terre Haute Women’s Club Shoe Bus
- June 2020- Reach Services
- February 2020- FSA Counseling Center
2019 Grant Recipients
- November 2019- ReThink, Inc.
- August 2019- CODA
- May 2019- Swope Art Museum
- February 2019- St. Benedict Soup Kitchen
2018 Grant Recipients
- November 2018- Y Makes Waves (YMCA)
- August 2018- Team of Mercy
- May 2018- Wabash Valley Health Center
- February 2018- Camp Navigate
2017 Grant Recipients
- November 2017- St. Joseph Utilities Assistance Ministries
- August 2017- Terre Haute Symphony
- May 2017- Vigo County Education Foundation
- February 2017- Council on Domestic Abuse, CODA
2016 Grant Recipients
- November 2016 – ReThink, Inc
- August 2016 – Susie’s Place
- May 2016 – Art Spaces
- February 2016 – Families by Choice
2015 Grant Recipients
- November 2015 – Vigo County Historical Society
- August 2015 – Next Step Foundation
- May 2015 – St. Ann Dental Clinic
- February 2015 – 14th & Chestnut, Grumbling Tummies
2014 Grant Recipients
- November 2014 – United Campus Ministries
- August 2014 – CANDLES Holocaust Museum
- May 2014 – United Way of the Wabash Valley, Success by Six
- February 2014 – Ivy Tech Foundation
2013 Grant Recipients